Melody Gersbach laid to rest in Pampanga

Sunday 29 August 2010

MANILA, Philippines – The Binibining Pilipinas titlist who was killed in a car accident along with 2 others in Camarines Sur was finally laid to rest Saturday afternoon in Angeles City, Pampanga.

Melody Gersbach, 2009 Bb. Pilipinas International, was laid to rest at the Holy Mary Memorial Chapel in Angeles City.

Members of the immediate family of the 24-year-old beauty queen wore white while friends wore blue shirts with the words "Melody 1985-2010 Our love for you will remain."
Gersbach made it to the Top 15 of the Miss International pageant held in China last year.

She, along with her make-up artist, Alden Orense, and their driver, Santos Ramos Jr., were killed in a freak accident in Bula town, Camarines Sur last Saturday.

Gersbach's vehicle was cruising along a highway in Sitio Banasi, Barangay Pawili when an out-of-control passenger bus ran over them.

Friends said Gersbach was on her way to Naga City to meet them and her boyfriend Toti Rocha. She was supposed to attend a screening for Miss Bicolandia.

'Never-say-die spirit'

During the last night of her wake, family and friends talked about Gersbach and described her as humble, sweet, real and with a never-say-die spirit.

In her eulogy, Miss Universe 2010 4th runner-up Venus Raj said it was Gersbach who pushed her to fight for her candidacy in the most sought after beauty title.

Raj nearly lost her Binibining Pilipinas-Universe title due to her citizenship.

"I almost wanted to give up, but she was there for me and told me not to give up. I won [4th runner-up] Miss Universe and I dedicate this to her," Raj said.

Gersbach's mother recalled how she received the news of her daughter's death.

"When I first learned about it, I kept telling myself that it was a joke. I went hysterical when I confirmed that my dear daughter was dead in an accident. I can't explain how painful it is," Marina Gersbach said. "Recovery would really be very hard. – reports from Jayve Dizon, ABS-CBN Pampanga and Jay Pelayo, radio dzMM

[Source]

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Insert Ur Comment!

 
 
 
eXTReMe Tracker