Richardson ISD

Friday 4 February 2011

Richardson ISD, RISD, Richardson Independent School District

I win again: Richardson ISD joins pretty much the rest of North Texas in closing Friday

AAs I bet yesterday, we go to four days in a row. Does anybody out there recall more than two consecutive snow/cold days in the past few decades? I found a double in 1997. But no triples or quads. I bet there will be school on Monday, however. Here's a question to any teachers in the audience: Are there any particular challenges in restarting after an unanticipated week off ?

I know that you have long breaks for spring and winter. But you know those are coming and can assign a bit to keep the kids' heads in the game. But this one was a shocker. What do you need to do to re-prime the pump? Or is it just a matter of taking up where you left off on Monday ? ( Read Richardson ISD more... )

Tales of the frigid north: Want to share Richardson Super Storm stories ?

While we're waiting for the Richardson ISD to decide about tomorrow (I still betcha they'll be closed. Dallas ISD just announced it will have no classes.) we can trade weird winter tales. Here's mine: The one spigot in my house that I failed to drip -- shower in my master bath -- is frozen. I guess I'll find out if I have damage sometime Sunday when it thaws. Not funny. Funny, on the other hand, is my dogs figuring out they can't run on ice in the back yard. Squirrels that normally get the full rush are facing a more leisurely, if just as noisy, attack. Your turn. ( Read Richardson ISD more... )

Snow days for Richardson ISD: Thursday and beyond

No word yet about whether schools will open tomorrow. National Weather Service is predicting the low tonight will hit 9 degrees. And not in Celsius, either. Which means that whatever is frozen now will still be frozen tomorrow morning. Will conditions be so much better that the buses will run? I'll bet: Not. But I admit that I'm a total cold weather weenie. Official district position at the moment: Stand by for a decision. Which may not happen until pre-dawn Thursday. Or may, as it did yesterday, happen before the 6 p.m. news. I'll let you know. ( Read Richardson ISD more... )

About that no early call on Richardson ISD for Wedneday ? Nevamind.

I'd posted earlier today that we might not get the word on whether Richardson ISD would be open Wednesday morning until very early Wednesday morning, after district officials checked out the street conditions. I guess I could insert a joke about cooler heads prevailing except it's too flippin' cold to make cold jokes. Anyhow, in case you didn't get your robo-call: RISD is following the lead of many other North Texas districts and canceling classes on Wednesday. When was the last time the district called a time-out for consecutive days, I wonder ? ( Read Richardson ISD more... )

Related Searches:
dallas isd, plano isd, allen isd, wylie isd, frisco isd

Courtesy : Dallas News

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Insert Ur Comment!

 
 
 
eXTReMe Tracker